Presentation Title: Anoctamins, a common protein family with unusual properties and broad biological relevance
Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health,Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
He finished his Ph.D. in antibody engineering at the University of Leicester, UK. After a one-year post-doctor training in 1996, he had been research scientist, department head or director for several companies, including Immunocore/Medigen/Avidex, Biovation/Meck KgA and ADAS UK. As a winner of “The Recruitment Program of Global Experts”(or Thousand Talent Program) in 2011, he has jointed Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou Institutes of Biomedicine and Health (GIBH), and State Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Guangzhou Medical University, and been currently holding positions of Principal Investigator, Director of Joint Laboratories of GIBH-XiangXue Pharmaceutical co. ltd.
Presentation title: TBA.
Prof. João Lúcio
Research Institute for Emergency Medicine and Health (UG), Germany
Research and Expertise: Respiration physiology, carotid body physiology, molecular biology of oxygen dependent gene expression and ion channel conductivity, oxygen- and ion-sensitive microelectrodes, high resolution imaging by 1 photon multifocal and 2 photon confocal microscopy, analysis of intracellular protein interaction, ion and O2 radical kinetics by FRET, three dimensional tissue culture of tumour cells and embryonic stem cells, acupuncture treatment of chronic pain and burn out patients. He has published more than 160 papers in peer review journals.
Presentation Title: Acupuncture-Brain Interaction in Health and Disease
(To be confirmed)
Presentation Title: Towards the Plasmonic Nanopore on Au-C binary mixture membrane for Next Generation Nanobio Sensor
(To be confirmed)
Federal University of São Carlos – UFSCar, Brazil
Vice-Director and professor of Center of Biological Sciences and Health, at Federal University of São Carlos – UFSCar.
Has experience in Applied and Molecular Microbiology, focusing on Molecular Plant Microbes Interaction; acting on the following subjects: a) Role of Microorganisms in Crop Protection: Plant Growth Promotion and Biological Control; b) Biological Control of Insect-Pest and Diseases by Microorganisms; c) Endophytic Microorganisms: A Biotechnological Potential in Agrobiology System and d) Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria (PGPR).
Brief Introduction of Prof. Paul Teixeira Lacava
My research was selected various times for an issue of the Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research (published by the American Physical Society and the American Institute of Physics) which publishes articles from participating publishers, covering a focused area of frontier research.
Duke University, U.S.A.
Research Experience: Physics and applied mathematics; Biological physics; Bio-demography; Health sciences and aging; Genetics and genomics
He has published more than 120 papers in peer-review journals. Also, he has made about 140 presentations in international conferences.
Presentation Title: Genome-wide meta-analysis leveraging genetic heterogeneity identified abundant associations with multiple age-related phenotypes
University of Allahabad, India
Research Interests: Molecular Biology, Tropical Disease Research, Biochemical Toxicology
He has about 137 publications in peer-reviewed journals. He is the member of editorial board from many journals, and also was the guest editor of some famous international journals.
Presentation Title: On the error-prone cDNA synthesis by HIV-1RT and its mutants
The research of David D. McFadden, M.D., focuses on alternative and complementary methods and treatments for smoking cessation.
Call for Speakers
We are inviting plenary and invited speakers. If you would like to deliver an oral presentation, please register and submit your abstract online.
Call for sessions
We invite proposals for Sessions, Workshops or Minisymposia.
● Each Session should consist of at least 4 paper presentations. For that session, the organiser or his team can present 2 papers at most.
● Each Workshop or Minisymposium should consist of at least 8 paper presentations. For that workshop or minisymposium, the organizer or his team can present 4 papers at most.
● The Session, Workshop or Minisymposium organizer will be responsible for advertising the workshop, and selecting and reviewing the papers.
● The Session organizers will be granted free registration for the ICBB 2017 (if in their Symposium there are at least 6 registrations (1 Session's Organizer), 12 registrations (for 2 Session's Organizers) etc).
● The Workshop or Minisymposium organizers will be granted free registration and and have a part of the accomodation expenses covered (if in their Symposium there are at least 10 registrations (1 Symposium's Organizer), 18 registrations (for 2 Symposium's Organizers) etc).
● Papers accepted for Sessions, Workshops or Minisymposia will be published in the abstract book of ICBB 2017.
● Following the end of the Conference, the papers presented at the Sessions, Workshops or Minisymposia will be considered for publication in the appropriate journals.
Submission of Proposals
Proposals to organize Sessions, Workshops or Minisymposia should include the following information:
1. The title of the Session/Workshop
2. The name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address(es) of the proposer(s)
3. A description of the topic of the Session (not exceeding 100 words)
4. A short description on the means of advertiesement for the Session
The deadline for proposal submission is Jun. 1, 2017. Please send your proposal to: email@example.com